Studio Photography Lab03

Lab03

This lab we were learning about using an external flash. I was immediately interested and excited to begin. There was so many different types, ones you can attach onto almost any camera, small and large along with self standing signal transmitted flashes to flash from different angles. There was also little accessories to add onto the flash which can give different effects. These were coloured guards that you could place over the flash giving a green and orange effect on your image. It opened my eyes to new possibilities for future images. Experimenting was a lot of fun and look forward to using it again.


Here I am attempting to capture a harsh shadow behind the subject. This can be seen mainly to the back of his head. it's not as dark and noticeable as I would like but it's sufficient.


 The next image I attempt to capture almost no shadow by bouncing the flash off the ceiling. This was a difficult one as the roof had a pattern in it which was affecting the image so I tilted it only slightly, having a small amount of shadow.


I was then introduced to the standing external flash. It stood at a 90 degree angle to my subject. I lowered the aperture and darkened the settings to capture the side of my subjects face. Slightly brighter than anticipated but this was my first time experimenting and I m happy with the results.


Later I added the green guard to the flash giving off this green effect which also let off less light leaning more to what I first envisioned. This was a really cool effect!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Studio Photography Proposal & Research

DAILY DOSE

DAILY DOSE (Youtube edition)