Studio Photography Lab 09

Lab 09

During this virus we were asked to create and test out some DIY studio setups at home. For a while now I have wanted to invest in some studio lights. I recently ordered them from Amazon and they are definitely worth the price.



Two very powerful lights although they are a little too bright at time. There is no dimmer so to soften the light I had to improvise.

I cut out a old bed sheet to fit over one of my lights. I plan to cut out another one but I'm using it for my fill light to soften the shadows.


I found that just the sheet wasn't enough so I grabbed an A3 page and used clothes pegs to hold both the page and sheet.


My next mission was to block out the sunlight coming through my window. I have blacked out curtains but light was still purtruding though them. I decided to tape 4 black A2 sheets of paper together to fit the size of my window. This worked very well blocking out 99% of the light.


I have a matte black desk that I have been trying to sell for quite some time but luckily I still have it and now plan to keep it as it works perfectly for projects light this. I have white walls so I have the option of a white or black background.


Using another sheet of A2 black paper I can use it for a black backdrop against the white wall.


That is where I'm at currently and happy with it. I can definitely produce the shot I'm planning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Studio Photography Proposal & Research

DAILY DOSE

DAILY DOSE (Youtube edition)