Studio Photography Lab02


Lab02

In todays lab we were introduced briefly to the photography studio. We turned down the lights before we began experimenting with the Flash mode on our cameras. Today I was using the Nikon D3500. I have the D3400 at home so there were subtle differences, none that caused any confusion but the camera sat better in my hands and felt more modern and durable.

We had a list of tasks to carry out, changing the values of the flash along with the modes.
After taking several random pictures of the roof and floor, the flash extremely bright and almost none existent. I finally got the hang of it somewhat. Me and Sophie teamed up and attempted to begin these tasks. It took a lot of messing around with the iso, APERTURE, and shutter speed before finally agreeing on one. We used

F11 Aperture
100 ISO
100 Shutter speed.



This was my first picture. The lighting was better than expected but I was met with a very dark, noticeable shadow behind. This was quickly fixed by moving closer to the wall and slightly away from the light above.


This was a couple pictures later. The entire time shooting I had  fog effect on the lens which lowered the quality slightly and gave a blurry effect. This was very mild and allowed me to still take some decent shots.


I lowered the flash composition value and came out with a darker image. This change was slight but it made the flash feel a bit more natural.

Finally we shot with a window in the background. I really like this shot. It could definitely be better but for the most part it came out good. The flash in the reflection of the window is noticeable so I will keep that in mind next time I shoot. 

Today has been successful. I've learned a lot and am more comfortable using the flash. I never would have before.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Studio Photography Proposal & Research

DAILY DOSE

DAILY DOSE (Youtube edition)