Digital Photography

23 October 2019

Lab 5: Composition Exercise

Just finished our Lab exercise which prompted us to take several pictures around the campus, following some brief guidelines and themes.  There was techniques we given to explore and to incorporate into our pictures.

While using our cameras in Manual mode we set our taking pictures.

These are as follows;
Leading lines
Vertical lines
Horizontal lines

For my leading lines I decided to follow the handrail of a spiral staircase located in the courtyard of the TUDublin Campus. I took this image three separate times, centering the railing on the right, middle and left side. I chose the left as it displays direction of the staircase.



My vertical lines consists of a multicoloured bench and a bike hut. I love the colors painted on this bench. I focused on the centre three vertical lines, leaving the background out of focus. I did my best to line the three silver bolts.

The bike hut has timber frames which flow vertically. Theres contrast between the wooden beams and the metallic gritty pillars which support the frame. 



The horizontal lines are the underside of my first image. A part of the stairs that may not get as much attention as the upside. It flows nicely and the spacing between each step changes the high or lower you go. in the centre the background is more exposed which diminishes the lower you get.



Not any two squares are the exact same shape. We see squares and rectangles scattered along the image.


After taking a couple related to the above I moved onto step three. the focus was balance








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Studio Photography Proposal & Research

DAILY DOSE (Youtube edition)

DAILY DOSE